Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Please welcome a debut author - Sophie Pembroke!


Thanks, Donna, for having me here today!

I don’t know about the world where you are, but here in England summer is officially over. In the space of about a week, we’ve gone from glorious sunshine and sundresses to biting winds and winter boots. (How very British of me. Donna invites me over, and all I talk about is the weather…)

Actually, I’m not complaining too much. I’m nice and cosy in my study, wearing my favourite jumper. In fact, I’m working on a Christmas story right now, so the change in the weather is rather appropriate. Usually I’m writing about sizzling heat waves in January, and snowstorms in July. Still, I’ve been listening to festive tunes while I write for three weeks now, and I’m about ready to give them a rest until December.

But this season of mists and mellow fruitfulness (or, here, rain and soggy leaves) does mean that we’re heading steadily towards winter. And, more importantly, the best time of the year for romances! What can beat a snowbound story, or a new family around the Christmas tree, or a race to be with a loved one for the holidays? They’re my absolute favourite kind of story, so I always get excited when they start to hit the shelves. (I’m waiting very impatiently for Donna’s A Cadence Creek Christmas!)

This year, I’m more excited than most. My own debut novel for Harlequin Romance, Stranded with the Tycoon, has just been released this month - a little early for the Christmas market, perhaps! But it does begin just a few days before Christmas and it features a snowed in cottage in the depths of Wales, sticky toffee pudding and the very attractive Ben Hampton.

Here’s a little more about it to whet your appetite:

The man who sees her beauty…            

Ben Hampton is the last man in England that workaholic historian Luce would ever choose to be stranded with. Tall, dark and infuriatingly arrogant, he’s also a reminder of her not-so-glorious romantic history—something she’s spent the past few years burying herself in work to forget.

Hotel tycoon Ben knows there’s fire behind Luce’s buttoned-up exterior, and fanning its flames is an irresistible temptation. Luckily, getting snowbound in the countryside gives him the perfect opportunity to tempt out the real Lucinda Myles!

 
Stranded with the Tycoon is a Romantic Times Top Pick. It’s out now in North America and Australia, and will be released in the UK in November – just in time for Christmas!

 

Buy Links:

North America:

Amazon US
Amazon Canada

Australia:

Boomerang Books
Booktopia

UK:

The Book Depository

 
Me Links:

Website & Blog: www.SophiePembroke.com
Twitter: @Sophie_Pembroke
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SophiePembrokeAuthor
http://www.amazon.com/Stranded-Tycoon-Harlequin-Romance-Pembroke/dp/0373742592/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379422430&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=sophie+pemroke

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your debut, Sophie! I look forward to reading it, especially with a historian heroine - right up my street :) And I love snow stories (as long as I don't have to drive in the stuff and it's all pretty and nice!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! And I agree, snow is always best when I'm inside, curled up with a book and a cup of tea, watching it through the window.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for being here today Sophie! And congrats on the Debut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me, Donna!

      Delete
  3. Huge congrats, Sophie!!! Your debut looks great. Can't wait to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete