Friday, September 06, 2013

Did you miss me?

I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged! I have a really great excuse though - I have been head down trying to make a deadline and I'm relieved to say the book is done and today all I have left to do is write the synopsis before I send it. The ending wrote up quickly in typical fashion - much to my relief because sometimes certain books don't follow the usual pattern. As I went through and did some editing and tweaking, I realized that while it was a difficult book to write, I actually LIKE it a lot. Fingers crossed my editor does too - this is my second book for Harlequin American and part of a special project going on with them. I've been working with other authors and they've all been so lovely. It's been a great way to get to know other authors in the line since I'm so new there.

The other thing that made the deadline difficult was the fact that I wrote most of this in the month of August, when everyone was home and the weather was nice! I tried to make sure I took time to pop into the pool and enjoy the sunshine too, which meant I put things like blogging on the back burner. :) We spent a few days with my mother-in-law at her new place, and then my sister and brother-in-law were here the weekend after that. It is always a blast when they visit. I got up on the Sunday morning wondering why my ribs hurt and remembered I'd laughed so hard the night before I'd hurt myself. Then, on the Labour Day weekend, I took the kids and drove up to my mom's for a few days since I haven't seen her in a long time and my step-dad's been ill. We spent a quiet few days just catching up - and I took the kids to the farmer's market which is always a good time and tough on the waistline. :)

And now everyone is back to school. I can't say I'm sad about that. I have a regular work day back. And September is probably my favourite month of the year. We're getting back to a normal schedule (as normal as it can be with extra curricular activities). I've got this book finished and am ready to move on to the next project - as soon as I catch up on my admin list of things I've let go  (in addition to this blog, lol!).

So what's new? Well, FALLING FOR MR. DARK AND DANGEROUS has been reissued as a bonus book in Diana Palmer's DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH  through the Harlequin Bestselling Author Collection. It made this week's USA Today Bestseller list and looks like it'll be on next week's New York Times list, which is very cool. If you didn't grab it first time around, you can now. :)




And now I'm off! Synopsis writing awaits so I can hit that lovely SEND button!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you were still around via Facebook... but I had missed your blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to do better! :)

    ReplyDelete