Friday, July 12, 2013

In which I do something very uncharacteristic.

I'm a planner. I book things well in advance, have a plan, have my ducks in a row. I've said for MONTHS that I am not going to RWA in Atlanta this year. And guess what?

I decided last night that I'm going.

Which means I basically have today and this weekend to: make big word count on the WIP, let my editors/agent/peeps know I'm going, make my husband a calendar of kid commitments next week and times, clean the house, do all the laundry, pack, and make my own conference schedule calendar. Oh yeah - and lose five pounds. LOL

Here's the good news. I've started my own calendar, which is lighter than in other years since I'm not doing any signings (that's what I get for signing up so late). I tried on my wardrobe and while I don't have time to shop for anything new, my conference clothes from the last 2 years STILL FIT. Thank GOD.

I booked my flight at a startlingly low price and found a roommate. :) Holy crap. This is absolutely crazy and I can't believe I'm doing it but I am.

So now I'm dashing off - to write, to work out, to find my passport. That might be a good thing to have along.

Over and out...

D

No comments:

Post a Comment