Thursday, July 04, 2013

A Patriotic Week!

The week started out with celebrations here in Canada - it was our 146th birthday and we celebrated with barbecued chicken, potato salad, and apple pie, and of course, FIREWORKS! The husband did a great job this year, and they were awesome enough that the neighbours down the way watched from their deck and we could hear their little girl oohing and aaahing!

July 1st was also, incidentally, the release of my 4th Cadence Creek Cowboy book, A COWBOY TO COME HOME TO. :) Double the reason to celebrate!

My kids are involved in a community leadership program this year, so they spent Canada Day afternoon volunteering at the local rec center, dishing out sno cones, scooping up popcorn and helping little ones blow bubbles and draw chalk pictures.

But of course Canada isn't the only one celebrating a birthday this week. Happy Independence Day to my readers and friends in the US! I hope you had a great day of festivities, food, and family get togethers.

I'd love to know how you celebrated either holiday - let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment