Monday, November 05, 2012

The REAL start to NaNo

Friday I sent BENEATH THE BADGE to my editor. I was a few days later sending it than I hoped, but that’s okay. I wrote somewhere around 2000 words in those two days-  writing the last scene and then layering a bit before sending as I revised. I’d gone over the front end of it so many times that it was pretty complete once I got to the end.  This weekend I did up my art and blurb forms so that I’d be free and clear to start my new book today.

So this is the real start of NaNo for me – on November 5. Which gives me even fewer days to make the 50k mark.

I’m excited to write this one though. It’s the story I THOUGHT I’d be writing in September, until plans took a slight change. And really the timing is perfect now because this is a Christmas story and things are just starting to get warmed up for the holidays! Decorations are showing up in the stores and I’ve started thinking about shopping (especially since I have to ship most of my pressies!). I’m hoping this book goes together in a lovely way because not only do I have CHRISTMAS but I also have a wedding in this book and so it should be wonderfully romantic and atmospheric. At least that is the hope.

I started adding some pics to my Pinterest Christmas board for inspiration. There are a lot of cookies because I’m also participating in the Harlequin community Christmas Cookie Swap. Not only that but I did a special video message for readers about the significance of my cookie recipe (from the book) and there is also a great prize being given away.

My first #1k1hr session is about to start, so I need to blast off. But before I go, there’s a chance to win a copy of Sleigh Ride with the Rancher AND a Holiday Miracles Christmas ornament over at Harlequin Junkie’s blog. I chat about Christmas in Cowtown (Calgary) and the importance of downtowns in our urban landscape. J

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment