Friday, November 02, 2012

Special Guest Sara Hubbard on her DEBUT DAY!


I have a special guest on the blog today! Sara Hubbard is a chaptermate of mine and she is one of the NICEST people I know. I was so thrilled to hear she'd sold her first book! Today is her very first release day and believe me when I say that while it never gets old, there really is NOTHING like your first time. :-)
 
So please welcome Sara to the blog as she tells you a little more about her debut from Etopia Press, BLOOD, SHE READ.

 

Thank you, Donna, for letting me take over your blog today! I am very excited to announce the release of my debut novel, BLOOD, SHE READ, a young adult novel that crosses many genres, including mystery/suspense and paranormal/UF. At the heart of this story is a romance between a damaged teen with trust issues and a boy with secrets that may or may not include murder. Blood, She Read is the first book in a trilogy. I hope to release the second, MAGIC, SHE CAST, next summer.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this novel would be published. I mean, sure I’d hoped for it, but I never actually thought it would happen. But shortly after submitting BLOOD, SHE READ to publishers, this same novel finaled in one contest and won another. Then I received two offers to publish and a request from a third for more time to consider. I was in shock. Well, after I jumped up and down a million times I went into shock. Could someone not related to me actually enjoy my writing? In the end, I chose to publish with Etopia Press and haven’t looked back since. They’ve been amazing, and my editor, Rhiannon Morgan, is the absolute best. Only Rhiannon could make the tedious process of editing entertaining.

You can read the blurb for this book below:

Blood, She Read

Genre: Young adult paranormal/UF

ISBN: 978-1-937976-50-7

Seventeen-year old Petra Maras lives a charmed life—but only in the magical sense. Her absentee father is a criminal, her mother is emotionally dead, and everyone at her new school knows she comes from a family of witches. All she wants is to be normal, but this is impossible given her family. When a cop approaches her and asks her to use her psychic abilities to help him solve a murder she is unsure if she should say yes. Magic has brought her nothing but grief, but in the end she agrees, thinking it might help make up for all the horrible things she did in her past. She sees the scene of the crime but can’t hear a name or see a face. This proves problematic when the main suspect decides he wants to date her.

BLOOD, SHE READ is available for purchase on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo (release may be delayed). You can find my website at: www.sara-hubbard.com.

Although I’ve been told not to read reviews I don’t think I’ll be able to help myself. I look forward to hearing what people think of it. Hopefully, they’ll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

 
Thanks again, Donna! And happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. The books sounds terrific. Congratulations Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sara!!! I am off to buy this book now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sara. The story sounds great and the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sara! Enjoy every moment. The book sounds terrific. I can't wait to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sara!!! I can't wait to dig in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the release of your debut novel, Sara! The book sounds terrific. Is there a print release date? I think my daughters will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, it will be released in print, but not for a few months. I don't have a firm date yet but I'll let you and Renee know as so as I do!

      Delete
  8. Congrats Sara on your first release. I am so excited to read your book that I had to buy it. Can't wait to start this and I want a print copy. Tell Etopia Press I want a print copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought it! Congratulations Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats Sara!!!! Can't wait to see you at the meeting and give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your support! Today has been surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. This looks like a great book. Off to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your debut release, Sara!! Hope you did something fun to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete