Thursday, September 06, 2012

Where did the week go?

How can it be that I haven't updated my blog ALL WEEK?

Well, Monday was a holiday so I think I'm probably excused that day. :-) We spent it tidying the house and mowing the grass and trying to soothe the nerves of two kids who were starting new schools on Wednesday.

We survived the new school stuff (apparently high school is AWESOME *eyeroll*) and I got started on my new book. I realized after writing most of the first chapter that my heroine was lacking something so a mini-brainstorm session was required. I also cleared my desk of a bunch of admin which feels terrific. And today - well, today I did more "clearing of the decks" and I went grocery shopping since my cupboard was very bare. And filled my truck with gas since it was empty.

So far I have one bear hug for announcing that tonight's dinner is Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Rice Noodles. I expect another may be in the offing as soon as offspring #2 gets home in about 2 minutes.

So truly - the week got away with me. In a big way. But it DOES feel really great to be back in my regular schedule again.

What's new with you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, the Sweet Thai Chili Chicken sounds great. Got recipe?

    Getting back on schedule after a great summer is a good thing. I have one more 'summer' event next weekend. A vintage trailer rally at Lake Tahoe. A great way to wind down the summer. I'm taking ITLOD to read under the tall pines on my Nook.

    I'm about ready to publish my first Indie book. If I can get all my ducks (computer issues) in a row, it should be on line by the middle of Oct. So, that's what's new with me.

    Have a good week. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I buy the sweet thai chili sauce premade. I stirfry boneless skinless chicken breast with a little garlic and any veggies I care to add - usually peppers, carrots, broccoli...whatever is stirfy-able and in my fridge. Cook the noodles according to the directions, and then mix everything - noodles, meat, veggies, sauce - together. NOM NOM! No official recipe, that's just what I do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS let me know when your book releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the kind of recipe I like. Thanks.

      Delete