Monday, September 17, 2012

We interrupt this program...

I was going to blog about something today and I've clean forgotten what it was because some very nice people got some very nice news today and I'm going to tell you about THAT.

Back in February 2009 I chose a winner for my Perfect Pitch Contest (which I haven't held in a few years. I'm thinking about bringing it back). That winner was Sri Pammi and you can read what I had to say about her entry. Back then I knew she was publishable. And I knew that if she kept at it, she would eventually hit the right editor with the right project.

Today was that day. Sri has sold to Harlequin Presents! I'm so happy and pleased for her! It sometimes takes longer than we'd like to get The Call, but it is proof positive that a lot of hard work and persistence pays off! Congrats Sri!

Well, I'd no more than gotten through that bout of excitement when Twitter exploded with more news! (Seriously. Editors everywhere getting excited. It appears they like buying new authors as much as authors like selling.)

More congrats are going out to Victoria Parker, who also sold to Presents! I met Victoria in New York in 2011. I would have sworn she was already published. She seriously had that total vibe about her, and she was so nice and sweet and poised...I swear, she had everything a professional writer should have EXCEPT the contract.

Well, she's got that now and I'm thrilled! Congratulations, Victoria!

And welcome to the Harlequin Mills and Boon family, both of you. :-)

4 comments:

  1. OMG Donna, thank you so so much...

    That year really turned everything for me in the right direction and I'm so grateful to you....

    Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all on you, Sri. You put in the sweat and tears! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Aww thanks Donna! You're a beautiful person and it was a pleasure meeting you. And how awesome I get to share such a memorable day with Sri! Didn't seem five minutes ago we were sat on the rack together! This is a day neither of us will ever forget.

    Can't believe I'm finally a Presents girl!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sri and Victoria. Love days like this!

    ReplyDelete