Friday, August 31, 2012

Congrats to Kate Hardy...and casting couch

I'm over at Kate Hardy's blog helping her celebrate her 50th Book today...FIFTY! Can you imagine? That number is quite a ways away for me yet. Anyway come on over and help her party, and you can also enter to win a copy of IN THE LINE OF DUTY. :-)

I've spent my morning doing more background work for the new book I'm starting in a few days. Yesterday I sorted out character names, professions, and a basic conflict. I also figured out what's going to keep them thrown together even though spending time together is the last thing they want (at least, the last thing the heroine wants!).

This morning I began the task of casting. While this can be fun, it can also be frustrating, especially when I can't think of anyone who matches the look and more importantly the ATTITUDE. It is far harder to find celebrity casting for westerns I find. But then I remembered this great Facebook page OF LOVE AND COWBOYS and I went through their pics and voila! There he was. Meet Cooper Ford - horse breeder and former best friend to the heroine's ex. Coop is all charm and charisma, but Melissa doesn't believe it a bit. Wouldn't she be surprised to learn Coop's had a thing for her for years?


Then we have Melissa (as yet without a last name) who owns the local flower shop in Cadence Creek. Melissa's divorced after discovering her husband's affair. She doesn't trust Coop as far as she could throw him - after all, he knew all about the affair and said nothing. He's a part of her past she'd rather just forget.  Melissa is a little bit sweet, a little bit sassy, and with the sexiest voice on the planet (much to Coop's consternation). Emma Stone as a brunette (and without the heavy eyeliner) fit the bill just right to me.


I even have a working title courtesy of the sharp brain of my pal Deborah Hale:

A COWBOY TO COME HOME TO
 
I'm starting to get quite excited to get writing, which is a great sign.
 
In the meantime, it's a holiday weekend and we're chillaxing and then having an end-of-summer barbeque at our neighbours.
 
What are you up to for the Labour Day weekend?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment