Friday, July 13, 2012

Shopping

I went shopping on Wednesday, and I can honestly say that I have my wardrobe sorted for Nationals now. I got some major sales!

This kind of fits in with Fitness Friday because I now shop in the regular sized section and not the plus section. I'm not even the largest size most of the time, which means if something is made a bit small I might be able to find it in the larger size. Yay! While I haven't lost much this past year, I'm down a bit which puts me down 40 lbs since I started this journey a few  years ago.

One of the things I bought was another cocktail dress. I couldn't resist. It was $90 marked down to a stupendous $22, then another 30% off of that. FIFTEEN BUCKS. And it's pretty. And it fit. AND it was kid approved, and I do trust her teenage judgment.

Then it was off to the shoe section, where I got these.


I took it with my cell phone which is why it's not the best picture, but they are cute cute cute and just what I wanted to wear with my casual stuff at conference. And yes - 30% off. :-)

I've been thinking a lot about what body part I hate - my midsection. It's the last place to lose the weight and the one thing that makes spanx a necessity. I know I won't lose much more before I leave, but I think I can cut down on some of the puffiness, simply by cutting back (not out) on the amount of gluten and dairy I'm eating for the next while.

Speaking of...it's time to get some groceries in the house, and it's a great time of year for that - all kinds of seasonal fruits and vegetables!

3 comments:

  1. Cut out the gluten completely 9or as much as possible). Replace with other whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice or buckwheat.
    Use Greek yoghurt for your dairy.
    Make sure you leave 12 hours between your last meal at night and first meal in the morning.
    Up your water intake.
    Do standing abs.
    Remember you are not doing it forever, just until Nationals. Your shoes look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    I'm so impressed that you've lost all that weight. Congratulations!

    I just listened to "Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle" from audible and loved it. Good Job. Enjoy your new purchases and your conference.

    Kristin Noel Fischer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the shoes, Donna. Congratulations on the 40lbs. I KNOW how hard that is and how much work and self-discipline it takes.

    ReplyDelete