I first met Sarah last year in New York when she was a RITA finalist. And now she's shortlisted again! Clearly she's doing a lot of things right. And despite only having met her ever so briefly, I can definitely say that Sarah has an energy about her that is just fabulous.
So here she is today - chatting about everything she's looking forward to this summer. And may I just say Sarah - I agree wholeheartedly!
Hi Donna, thanks for inviting me here to your RITA finalists’ party! As the weather heats up (finally!) I thought I’d talk about the things I’m looking forward to this summer…..
1. No school! Summer gives my family a break from early mornings, school runs and homework. Instead we’ll be chilling out and spending time together without constantly watching the clock.
2. Sunshine. Here in the UK we had the wettest April on record so now that the sun is finally shining all I want to do is lie on my back in the grass and feel the sun on my face.
3. Cycling. I love my mountain bike and cycling is a perfect way to get fit and enjoy the countryside after being stuck indoors all winter.
4. Picnics. There is nothing better than food eaten outdoors so I’ll be packing up chicken wings, strawberries and homemade lemonade and heading to the nearest lake or forest to dine al fresco (no doubt in the company of all the lovely insects that are currently lying in wait).
5. Seeing friends. Summer is a perfect time to slow down and catch up with people you haven’t seen for a while. I’m looking forward to too much talking and lots of laughter.
6. Reading. All right, I agree this isn’t exclusively a summer activity but because everything is less frantic in the summer, I have more time to read. And I can read outdoors in the sun.
7. Going to the beach. No summer would be complete without a trip to the beach. My favorite beaches in the UK are in Cornwall – the coastline is stunning (see my photograph!).
8. RWA in California! That has to be right there at the top of the most exciting things I’m going to be doing this summer and not just because, like Donna, I have a RITA nomination (yay, Donna, we’ll meet for a drink in the bar and a dance at the Harlequin party!) but because I can’t wait to see old friends and make new ones. If you’re there too, I hope you’ll say hello!
So those are the things I’m looking forward to this summer. What about you? What are you looking forward to?
Psst - you can also check out her website at www.sarahmorgan.com !