Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random Thoughts

Today's post is a smorgasbord of randomness because I feel like lately I have such a short attention span...or maybe it's that my head is full of the current book so everything else is in bits and pieces as that's all I can manage. Anyway here we go - my random thoughts:


Waterguns are effective against woodpeckers, particularly the Northern Flicker that insists on drumming on the eavestrough outside our bedroom window at dawn and occasionally throughout the morning. It is more effective later in the morning since getting out of bed to actually go out on the deck and blast the thing is not desireable. I will be very glad when nesting season is over. If it is like last year, enough blasting/diversion will make him go elsewhere to beat his beak.


Blistering lectures DO work. I delivered one yesterday. As a result my kid made cupcakes last night, then cleaned up the entire kitchen (her mess AND the supper mess) and then this morning started laundry, tidied the kitchen and because we had to have her sister to school early, went upstairs and made her sister's bed and tidied her room. I'm a bit afraid to see what she's going to ask for in return.


Random thought number three - sometimes sleep is better than an hour long workout. Yesterday I did 2 dog walks and then 20 min of 10 Minute Trainer with the hubs. I was still going to do my P90X Core workout but at 9:00 realized that what I truly needed was sleep. I needed it more than an hour of working out. So I was in bed by 9:15. Turns out I was right. Don't underestimate the value of sleep.


And finally, and less random, Tanya Michaels, who is also a finalist in the RITA® with me, is holding a contest on her blog for a RITA themed prize pack. Just visit her blog for deets. She's included me which I think is very generous of her. Show her some love.
Now it's time for #1k1hr. I'm outta here. Have a good 'un! 

3 comments:

  1. You blast a woodpecker with a watergun!!!! I love woodpeckers. HaHa. But I guess I agree if I heard it from the bedroom, I would get irritated too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too, except when they drum on the eavestrough right outside our window. It started at 6:05 this morning. Easter Weekend no one slept longer than 6:30. If he would keep to the nearby trees, I'd like him much better.

    We have a pair of pileated woodpeckers in our area and they are huge and loud and gorgeous. And tons of Downies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 p.m.

    Ah sleep. Weekend afternoon naps are wonderful!

    I'd be spraying the woodpecker too. Have some respect Woody!

    And let's hope your kid's request won't be too over the top. LOL.

    MarcieR

    ReplyDelete