Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Books on Audio

I've just had confirmation that 2 of my books will be released on Audio later this year: Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle is showing a release date of July 23, and A Family For The Rugged Rancher is slotted for an October release.

I am SO excited. BEYOND excited. I've never had a book released in audio and as a consequence, even though I've written over 20 books now, my mom has never been able to read one because she's legally blind.

So this summer she will FINALLY be able to read one of my books.

My mom has a audio book "machine" from the CNIB - The Canadian Institute for the Blind. CNIB is fantastic about helping people with visual impairments. My mom still has some of her sight, and she lived alone for many years with some aids to help her with tasks - things like how to mark microwave buttons to know which was which and that sort of thing. She can't read, though - using her magnifier to get through a recipe is about as much as she can take without getting a very sick headache. Being an avid reader, that machine and the CNIB library has been a godsend to her for the past 16 - nearly 17 - years.

How cool is it that I'm going to be able to give her one of mine and she'll be able to hear someone reading MY words on it?

I just hope it meets her approval. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Firefox wouldn't let me leave a comment yesterday. I was afraid big brother here at work was on to me. ;-)

    It's so exciting to have your books coming out in audio. Especially since your mom can't read the print books. That's just so cool. I like to listen to audio books when I'm gardening or driving long distance.

    ReplyDelete