Monday, December 05, 2011

Redux

As you can see, I didn't quite make my NaNo total but I got over 40k written in November which, considering how crazy life ALWAYS seems to be in November is pretty good. I finished, sent, and sold a novella, started my next story, sent the partial to my editor, carried on with the story, took a long weekend to visit my mom, and spent a lot of time chaufeurring kids around. I'm happy.

Today I'm working on the copy edits of The Rebel Rancher (coming out next June) and I've cried twice and I still adore my hero, so yay! This was possibly my favourite book to write. I told my editor it IS actually hard to write the next book after a "fairy dust" book, but after her thoughts on the partial I've had a good think about it and I'm excited about making a few tweaks and carrying on.

Today I'm at Petticoats and Pistols talking about a Down Home Family Christmas and I'm also talking about the Harlequin Romance Author site relaunch at The Pink Heart Society. Don't forget to drop by the site for your chance to win Harlequin Romance books and get a few fantastic recipes!

This past weekend my sisters were here and we did a huge shopping trip on Saturday. They left Sunday afternoon around 2:30; my daughter had to be at a local community centre to sing for a seniors party at 2:50. She did great. Last night, to unwind, we put White Christmas on and decorated our gingerbread house. It was the perfect way to end the crazy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment