Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Books of 2011

To date I've read 56 books this year - less than last year, but on average one a week. After seeing lots of "top" lists, I thought about which books really captured my attention and so rather than a top list, here are my categories and faves!

*not all books were released in 2011. Some are tbr backlist.


Favourite Category Romance: Tie between Her Best Friend - Sarah Mayberry and The Heart of a Hero - Barbara Wallace

Favourite Debut: The Outlaw Bride - Kelly Boyce

Favourite Series: First Comes Marriage...the series by Mary Balogh

Favourite Historical Romance: The Duke and I - Julia Quinn

Favourite New To Me Author and Most Likely To Be Glommed: Before the Scandal - Suzanne Enoch

Favourite Contemporary: Bring Me Home For Christmas - Robyn Carr

Honourable Mention: Sherryl Woods and A Chesapeake Shores Christmas

What were your favourite reads of the year?

5 comments:

  1. Mine were the fever series by Karen Marie Moning...Happy New Year, Donna....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wide range of categories! As you can see by my list, I stick to historical romance for the most part.

    My favorites were: An Unlikely Countess by Jo Beverley, Heiress in Love by Christina Brooke, Bought: The Penniless Lady by Deborah Hale, The Outlaw Bride by Kelly Boyce, and Captured by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lacey and Sri!

    Julia - Julianne's Highlander Trilogy was definitely a highlight of my reading this year. It was a hard decision between the Quinn book and Captured by the Highlander, which I think was my favourite of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Donna! This was a great way to cap off 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete