Friday, September 30, 2011

Something new...

Are any of you watching new shows this year? We've started watching a few, which is kind of fun as by 9 p.m. both of us are ready to kick back and veg. So far we're still watching the faves of Castle and the NCIS's, and also The Big Bang Theory. But we've begun watching 2 more "cop" shows that are a little bit different - Unforgettable with Poppy Montgomery and Person of Interest with Jim Caviezel.

I was particularly happy to see Jim Caviezel hit the small screen. Person of Interest is a different show and after the first episode I wasn't quite sure what to think about Mr. Finch. But after watching the second show I realize we're going to see the layers of Finch bit by bit (as opposed to knowing more about John Reese from the get go).

What really struck me last night though was finally getting the proper hero casting for my new novella, IN THE LINE OF DUTY. I've been struggling with getting this just right for a while. Ben Rogers is older than the heroine and more experienced. He's a former cop who now does personal security. He's also the one person the heroine, Kendra Givens, trusts when her career is on the brink of destruction.

It just works, at least in my head. So happy Friday - here's a glimpse of my hero casting. :-)





4 comments:

  1. Very yummy, Donna. Isn't casting fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary from PA8:13 PM

    Good casting Donna. I have been watching this intriguing new show also. Love seeing Jim Caviezel on a weekly basis!He has such great eyes--very intense!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this show. And if you haven't watched Suits, download the episodes. Fantastic show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    Great blog. And may your Amazon hits keep right on coming!
    Stella MacLean

    ReplyDelete