Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Quickie

There are groceries in the house. All curriculum nights are done. It's FRIDAY and I'm *this* close to the end - well, within 5k or so. I want to finish, and I have already warned the husband that I will probably work tomorrow if I don't finish today because leaving a book over the weekend with ONE scene to write will drive me crazy. When I get this close to the end - so close I can taste it - I pretty much eat, sleep and breathe the book.  Every time. And since there is nothing going on this weekend other than the normal clean/cook/laundry routine, I may just lock myself away for a few hours and pound out those last satisfying pages.

And then next week I can work on layering things together, knitting up motivational and conflict threads, cutting repetition, and hoping for the best.

Before I run, I do have 2 smilies - okay, 3 really - to share. First of all a neighbour toddler who is adorable makes me smile every day at the bus stop. He gets so excited to see the bus and watches his brother get on. Then when everyone goes their separate ways, he offers a cheery "Bye!" about a half dozen times. You can't help but smile. Then during the dog walk, I saw the cutest little girl - less than 3, I'd guess, retrieving the paper at the bottom of her driveway in her little blue undies and flip flops. That made me smile.

And finally, since yesterday was grocery day, yesterday's lunches were a little "thin" so I gave the eldest $2 to buy some fruit or yogurt at the cafeteria to go with what I'd packed. This morning when I got home from walking, there was 75 cents in change on my desk and a note that said, "Change from the toonie you gave me yesterday. Thanks. Love you. :-) ".

How can you not smile after all that?

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Your post made me smile!

    Michele Payne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Thanks for the smilies :-)

    I hope you get your 5K done today. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great week!

    ReplyDelete