Friday, August 05, 2011

New words and Friday Reads

I finished galleys yesterday and so today it was back to work on the WIP. I took my editor's input and made changes to the first chapter, which meant making a chapter break earlier on at a POV change which works really well, I think. I also realized that the scenes that I had that weren't working don't have to be deleted - they can be adjusted and fixed and so I've added them in and to my wondering eyes I saw a word count total of over 12,000 words! Wooo! It's a great start, and puts me a lot further ahead than I expected. I'm sure some of those words will be cut and replaced but that's okay. It gives me something to work with.

I wonder if it's enough to keep my CP from cracking her whip so much? (ouch!)

Have a good weekend - I'm off to do some weeding. Exciting, yeah? And then I'm going to indulge in some reading. I'm reading SEDUCING AN ANGEL by Mary Balogh right now, and I'm going to review all five books in the series here when I've finished them (this is book 4).

2 comments:

  1. Could you weed my garden when you've finished? ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna. Here's how your Friday Reads led me to buying a Nook Color. Last month you mentioned you were going to read Deborah Hale's Married: The Virgin Widow. I wanted to read it, too, but since Hqn discontinued MobiPocket versions several months ago I knew I needed a new ereader. I've been researching and Nook Color fit my needs. Wanting to read this book pushed me to the final step to buy one. I love, love, love it. And I love all the extra features.

    P.S. I've been pulling weed, too.

    ReplyDelete