Monday, July 04, 2011

Two wonderful things

I'm back and this coming week I'll be chatting about some of the exciting things that happened while in New York. But tonight I'm exhausted, I have some editing to do before going to bed and BELIEVE ME I need sleep. So I'll leave you with two of the big highlights.

The first "official" night of conference included the Literacy Signing (crazy!) and the Bookseller's Best Awards. I'm thrilled that HER LONE COWBOY won the Traditional Category...and it was made extra special because my editor, Sally Williamson, my Sr. Editor Bryony Green and Historicals Sr. Editor Linda Fildew were there too and got to share in the evening. After the ceremony Sally, Bryony and I went up to The View - the revolving bar/restaurant for a celebratory drinkie. Huzzah!



And yesterday my niece, Beth, married her Prince Charming, Ryan. Y'all, she stood in the door of the church and there was a collective gasp. And then a mass reaching for tissues. They are young and in love and a wonderful example of how commitment should be - they set an example even to those who are old hands at this marriage thing (like us). It was beautiful.  In the words of my wise daughter: You know he really loves her because of the way he looks at her.


Too right, sweetheart. Congrats to Ryan and Beth!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! I just caught up on the email digest I get for the loop. Sounds like it was all over a great time for everyone. Woot Woot! And great photo of the newlyweds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again on the award, Donna. So deserved. And what a lovely picture. They look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bride and congrats on the award Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again on the award, Donna - brilliant news. And the pic is lovely. All the very best to your niece and her new husband xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your wonderful award - well deserved IMHO. And the wedding photo is gorgeous - what a lovely looking couple - no wonder there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Donna! That's a beautiful picture of Beth and Ryan :-)

    ReplyDelete