Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gone Fishin'

Today we went fishing with some friends on his 17' boat. We left from the Terence Bay wharf and did most of our fishing in the Prospect area. The day was gorgeous. The fishing was great. Within five minutes the eldest had landed her first cod and the youngest wasn't far behind. My first catch of the day was this pollock which we did throw back:
Then I caught a perch:


But then the rocking motion got to the girls and some seasickness happened. :-( Our friend Fred called his wife, who came and picked up the girls at a nearby dock and they ended up going back to the house and watching movies and having snacks. :-) Meanwhile the husband and I stayed out another few hours and oh my...it was a target rich environment!

At one point I was proudly holding a line with four pollock and the the husband promptly outdid me by hooking 5. We kept the biggest and also some mackerel for our friends to use as bait later. You could hardly get your line it without hooking something. But then...well the motion got to me, too, and the husband confessed he was feeling a little woozy as well. It's the closest to being seasick I've ever been. Instead we puttered through some little inlets and bays, dropping lines occasionally but having a marvelous time. The scenery was beautiful:



And our day ended like this: yummy! Beer battered pollock!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time - and great weather!! And that supper looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous time. And what better way to cap off a great day of fishing than with tasty fish 'n chips (my all time favorite way to eat fish, hehe).

    ReplyDelete