Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Big Apple

This is my last blog post before jetting off to the Big Apple - heading to RWA Nationals next week which I predict is going to be very July 4th-ish - lots of fun and fireworks. :-)

I'm spending a little time with my good friend Fiona Harper - we're roomies and going to lots of cheesy touristy stuff! But there's some business and some glam stuff on the agenda too - parties and drinks with my agent and editor, the Harlequin Black and White Ball at the Waldorf, the RITA awards.

If you're going to be in NYC, on Tuesday at 5:30 at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square (the conference location) there is a booksigning for charity happening - nearly 500 authors participating, including me. I would LOVE to meet you!

Afterwards I'm off to the Bookseller's Best Awards - I'm a finalist in the Traditional category.

Thursday I'll be signing A FAMILY FOR THE RUGGED RANCHER at the Harlequin signing that goes from 9:45 to 11:15.

And on Friday at 2 I'm giving a workshop with Fiona and our senior editor, Bryony Green, called HOW TO WRITE SIZZLE WITHOUT SEX AND EMOTION WITHOUT TRAGEDY. Directly afterwards I'm at the Samhain Publishing signing, signing copies of SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. It goes from 3 to 4:30.

For those of you going to conference - I hope to see you at one of these events, or in the lobby where all the action REALLY happens. If you see me, give me a shout and say hello!

And for you blog readers - I'll be back on July 5, once I'm back from NY and a family wedding. :-) What a way to kick off summer!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time at the conference, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at the conference and enjoy time with your family Donna!I wish my schedule would allow me to be at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna! following your tweets, thank you for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete