Friday, June 17, 2011

#Fridayreads - A Special Offer!

Today I want to share a very special event!

My good friend Bev Pettersen has her first book, Jockeys and Jewels, available at amazon and smashwords. I'm so thrilled for her - this is one of her Golden Heart Finalist books (and yes, she has finalled more than once!) and if you like romance, mystery, and horses - you're going to love it!

I'm in possession of a special code that will allow one lucky commenter to download the book for free - I already bought it yesterday, so Bev suggested I pass the good fortune along. :-)

All you have to do is leave a comment and I'll draw at the end of the day!

You can visit Bev's website here.

Racehorse trainer, Kurt MacKinnon, resents being yanked back into undercover police work. But when his ex-partner is brutally murdered, he moves his third-string horses to a dirt road track, determined to hunt down the killer.

Struggling apprentice jockey, Julie West, pins her dreams of a vital win on the charismatic trainer, never suspecting she’s a person of interest—and not because of her riding ability.

Kurt didn’t expect his temperamental colt to blossom under Julie’s deft touch nor for his own rusty heart to soften. However, his deception draws them both into the cross-hairs of a killer…and now much more than their love is in danger.               

8 comments:

  1. Virginia2:37 PM

    Thrilled to see Bev's exciting new read, I’m looking forward to curling up with commemorative glass of wine to read my copy. I wish her a winning ride with this gem.

    Cheers,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about writers getting their first book published. I hope it is me one day. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Bev on her first release! This sounds like a really interesting story and is going on the buy list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by, Morton, Maria and Virginia. Appreciate your well wishes. And a big thanks to Donna--I think she'll make sure you all win:) Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation Bev. Absolutely love your cover. Best of luck in your writing. I will be buying it for my special library.
    Mary M. Forbes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev is being truly generous! So Virginia, Morton, Maria and Mary - send me your contact info at donna alward at hotmail dot com (without spaces, etc) and I'll send you the code to get Bev's book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo exciting I haven’t won anything for ages.
    Thank you Bev, good luck with the book.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virginia3:32 PM

    WOW! Thank you both so much.

    I can hardly wait to read about romance and mayhem set against the exciting backdrop of the racetrack and horses. AND THEY’RE OFF!

    Thanx,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete