Monday, June 06, 2011

Catching up - again

Sorry the blog's been quiet lately - a family crisis last week took over and, well, priorities and all. Thankfully it all turned out better than we expected and my husband's dad is on the mend. We did end up with my brother in law here for the weekend which was great as we do not get to see him often at all.

But it was a crazy weekend. I had an all day workshop on Saturday, which meant all grocery shopping/cleaning/lawn mowing had to be done by Friday night - including getting most of the food ready for Saturday as we had company for supper. I got to bed at 1:30 and was up at 5:30. After the workshop - which was fab - I went downtown to pick up our guests from Calgary and brought them out to ours for dinner. The family pitched in - my daughters made cake, the dh did gorgeous ribs on the bbq, and I had salads that I'd made ahead. :-) I took them back downtown and then came back to watch the hockey game with the boys.

I was so tired yesterday that when my youngest started playing with my hair I totally fell asleep.

So I was all ready to start a brand new week and it's been a great day despite the grey weather. First up - revisions for my latest arrived and they are not bad at all - no panicking here by any stretch which is good, and I'll definitely have them done before New York (maybe even by the end of the week). I also found out I'll be signing books at the Harlequin author signing in New York at the RWA Conference in addition to the Literacy signing and Samhain author signing. I'm signing three different books, too - Honeymoon with the Rancher and Sold To The Highest Bidder at the Literacy signing, Sold To The Highest Bidder at the Samhain one and A Family For The Rugged Rancher at the Harlequin signing!

Two other nice things hit me inbox-wise today too, but I can't share them yet. Once I can I'll be sure to make an announcement!

So all in all it's been a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:07 PM

    I'm glad you're having a good day so far.
    I am raising my glass of chocolate milk to say "cheers" to you, and may you continue to have a good week.
    Thanks for sharing your good news (and yes, your "family crisis" result should be considered good news too, hopefully).
    Laney4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, your dfil has had problems and glad he’s on the mend. Hope he's recovered soon. Sounds like an exhausting week.

    My dad fell a month ago and hurt his arm after a year of severe leg pain from arthritis. Now he needs ‘round the clock assistance. That’s Mom and me, with the help of some very kind friends and family. It changes one’s routine, but I still get my evenings to write and Mom still goes to her swim classes and lunches with friends. Dad is very easy to care for, always says thank you and is never demanding.

    We’ve had the greyest, wettest spring I’ve seen in twenty years. The river is FULL! The mountains still have plenty of snow on them.

    Your “other nice things” is very intriguing. Nothing like ending your blog with a cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete