Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beginning a playlist...

This week, as I think about writing Ty and Clara's story (book 2 in my current duet), a couple of songs hit me smack between the eyes and I just KNEW there were the first 2 on my playlist for this book.

The first is Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum - and when I watched this performance I thought "Yeah, this is why I like guys in jeans and black t-shirts and sometimes tats with scruff. Yum yum. But mostly it's the lyrics that spoke to me knowing Clara and Ty's pasts.



The other song is Can't Breathe by Fefe Dobson...love love love it and it'll come in handy during the last half of the book.



I already love these two characters so I'm looking forward to writing the book a lot. Which probably means it will turn out to be a pain in the ass.

In other news - Humble Pie on the menu this morning as I owe fellow Romance author Barb Wallace coffee when we're in New York. The Canucks lost last night in a 4-0 shutout to the Bruins. Disappointed is an understatement. Faster feet and sharper sticks on the part of the Canucks throughout the whole series would have helped immensely. You can't lay the blame all on Luongo - defensively his team let him down. You just can't let a team like the Bruins waltz in and leave your goalie hanging. And when the Canucks DID show up and play great hockey - Tim Thomas was outstanding in goal. He was so calm and collected.

Anyway I'm off to get some writing accomplished - catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment