Thursday, May 19, 2011

Working it out

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because I spent the whole day at the school, first counting hot lunch money and then talking to my kid's class about life as a writer and writing stories as they are doing a short story unit. It was fun. Then I did something TOTALLY indulgent.  It was the first truly sunny afternoon we've had since I can remember, and as we were leaving another mum was there to pick up her daughter. Instead we went to the playground where the kids played and we basked in the sun and chatted for nearly an hour. It was heavenly!

But it meant I got home late, checked e-mail, mowed the lawn, had supper and then the dh and I spent an hour getting the basketball net set up in the yard which meant I also had to take a few minutes to shoot some hoops. Then it was workout and I ended the day at nine with finishing the dishes.

Who says life stops being busy the moment a book is handed in?

The P90X workouts are going well. In fact, I'm lovin' it. The only thing is it's a BIG commitment. In fact, I ran out of time last night and didn't get the 15 min Ab Ripper in after doing the 1 hour workout of Shoulders and Arms. I was going to try it today, but truthfully, today is a heavy physical day as I have a 4k run this afternoon and today's workout is YogaX. Tomorrow's another strength day and I hope to manage my time better so I can plan for 1:15 of workout time.

I'm a bit sore in places I didn't know I had. The workouts leave me sweaty and exhausted, but truthfully, I expected to fail a lot more. I expected there to be moves that I just couldn't do at all. None yet.

If you've been considering P90X, I highly recommend doing the Power 90 series first. I know it prepped me for doing this in a big way as far as capabilities, and it also means I'm familiar with a good number of the moves so I'm spending less time having to watch and learn and more time doing. There are some new moves, though, and it's significantly more challenging than Power 90.

Now what's on the docket for today? Critiquing a chapter for my CP, doing a load of laundry so I can hang it out (more sun this afternoon! Yay!) and going to the post office.

And instead of Fridayreads tomorrow, I'm going to do my WriterWednesday post. Because I seriously haven't finished a book this week AND I feel particularly compelled to write my next #WW post.

No comments:

Post a Comment