Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sun, Dandelions, and word counts

The sun is trying to peek through after rain every day for three weeks. Even on those days where the sun made an appearance, it inevitably clouded over and showered at some point. And it looks like this is a temporary respite. But the dandelions are enjoying it immensely, and to my annoyance. It makes me want to mow, but the yard is just a spongy mess of wetness so I'm not sure how well that would work. :-(

And I've finished this round of editing. Tomorrow I will make one more pass through the whole thing. I am over word count (ack!) so I need to be ruthless with extraneous words - especially as I think the ending could still use some ooomph. It has been great having this week to edit, though. I've made a lot of changes that I hope have improved the story.

And finally - a wonderful review came through today from Wendy The Super Librarian! She reviewed HONEYMOON WITH THE RANCHER and said a lot of wonderful things. Click on the links to read the whole thing, or be satisfied with her conclusion (which gives me glee!):

This is really a lovely story with a wonderful sense of place. I loved the exotic feel of the Argentina country-side, and the angst-fueled internal conflict kept the tension running high between the romantic couple. An enjoyable, one-sitting read.

Thank you Wendy!

Back tomorrow with a special Friday Reads post!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the great review - nice way to (almost) end the week!

    ReplyDelete