Friday, May 27, 2011

Rugged Rancher Does New York!

So some cool news that I facebooked yesterday - my friend Michelle Willingham was at Book Expo America in New York this week and she snapped a pic of my July cover (A Family For The Rugged Rancher) that was on display! I had no inkling it would be there and it is one of my favourite covers so I'm thrilled. They blew it up nice and large and I think it's very cool.

And in other good news about A Family for the Rugged Rancher - I got the RT review and it's lovely. The reviewer gave it 4 stars and said:

Bachelor Luke Evans hires recently divorced Emily Northcott to be his live-in housekeeper. Despite reservations about letting Emily and her young son into his life, Luke desperately needs help with the family ranch that he is operating singlehandedly. Luke’s ailing father and younger sisters have depended on him since the untimely death of his mother. Emily soon discovers that Luke needs a soul mate as well as a housekeeper. Luke and Emily are memorable characters who are facing believable challenges. Engaging secondary characters and strong family ties make this novel a heartwarming story.

Now I'm back to working on Hideaway Hill - which is fun. I keep reminding myself of Julie Cohen's advice to write crap. I just need to write it, and then once I have I can look at it and do what needs to be done to make it shine.

And my biggest thrill of the day was when I stepped on the scale and realized I finally reached my first weight loss goal. I still have a ways to go, but when the mountain looked so very high to climb, I broke it down into 2 pieces - this goal and the final goal. I celebrated by having a high protein breakfast of egg beaters and my favourite yogurt (Yoplait Source Pineapple Coconut Banana, it tastes like a pina colada!).

Have a good weekend all!

1 comment: