Monday, April 11, 2011

Mondays

Mondays mean back to work. This is a good thing and I do like it when the house empties out and I'm free to work on writing. Right now it's showering outside and the robins are making a racket - I can hear them even with the windows closed. Spring is definitely here.

But I confess I'm starting the week a bit tired, which is actually a little surprising considering I was in bed at 9:30 last night! I spring cleaned the upstairs on the weekend - enlisted the help of the offspring to do their rooms (ooh, tidy closets and desks are great!) and at one point my eldest was even on her hands and knees doing the hardwood floor in the upstairs hall. The walls and blinds were washed, the comforters and curtains were washed and hung to dry outside, and last night the whole upstairs smelled like outdoors. Now if I only had the downstairs done...unfortunately that will require some assistance by the mister as it's good to have help moving furniture.

That being said, I did manage to read on the weekend which felt like a lovely indulgence.

Today I'm doing a crit and working on more of the WIP - thankfully I got some good writing done on Friday and finally moved forward.  My CP has handed in her book so she's now cracking the whip. I must say I might like it better when she's distracted! LOL

Right now I'm going to put my towels in the dryer and then get to it! Oh and I'm over at Petticoats and Pistols today talking about Green Ranching which I find particularly interesting. It's so cool to see how traditional farm practices meld with new technologies!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like the satisfaction one feels when your house is spick and span after a good bout of cleaning! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your house is clean there's no excuse for not writing! Nice that spring's on the way. It's autumn here in NZ although it's still lovely and warm in the Northland. Good luck with your WIP!

    ReplyDelete