Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Housekeeping

New covers, auctions, reviews and more!

First up a little squee as A Family for the Rugged Rancher/Soldier on Her Doorstep is up on http://www.amazon.co.uk/ , cover and all! I'm really excited- as many of you know, Soraya Lane was the winner of my mentor pitch contest back in January of 2010 with her first chapter of this book, and being paired together with her debut is a real thrill for me.There is nothing like a first release and I'm so honoured.



But not all in the world is rosy, so I'm going to share a few benefits going on right now. First up - Auction for Japan to aid in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that happened last week. I've donated a critique of the first three chapters and synopsis of a romance novel. Bidding happens until the 20th, so don't miss out.

The other auction going on right now is for someone I've come to know over the last years as a wonderful reviewer and supporter of the Romance genre. Fatin (mad4rombks) lost her husband last week in a workplace shooting which is just...well, there are no words, really. The Operation Auction proceeds will go to an education fund for their four girls. I've added a few items of my own, and there are some wonderful offerings up for grabs.

A few reviews have come in. First up: Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle. Still Moments Magazine says "Between the Pages of this book is a traditional love story...a warm and tender romance." And BlackRaven's Reviews gave Sold to the Highest Bidder a 4.5 and said "Donna Alward definitely has a way of bringing heartache, passion and two lovers who have never stopped loving each other together for an explosive romance that’s guaranteed to rock your world."

Otherwise it's back to word count for me, and enjoying a special treat - today is massage day. My neck and shoulders can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:00 PM

    I just adore this cover, Donna! Plus I'm so proud to be paired with you - after years of loving your books it feels incredible!

    Soraya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're going to make me all squishy!

    Can't wait to get the author copies too cuz then i get to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Donna, are you happy to crit chick lit romance? (talking about Authors for Japan. If you are, i'll bid. But do say if you'd rather not and the offer is strictly for traditional romance.

    Thanks!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam - absolutely! I read widely and definitely across subgenres. I'm happy to crit a chick lit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Great! I shall go and put my bid up again!

    Thanks.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete