Monday, March 21, 2011

Booksignings and Reviews



The weekend was fab, despite a nasty sinus headache last night. Friday was NOT a good day, but got better when I opened a bottle of my favourite red and put in my Battlestar Galactica dvds. It was like comfort food - without the food. LOL. Saturday I did laundry until it was time to head out to a book signing.

It was a fun afternoon. I signed copies of Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle and Sold to the Highest Bidder and there were lots of authors participating: Deborah Hale, Julianne MacLean and Jennie Marsland were all signing their latest releases, and Lilly Cain, Kelly Boyce and Renee Field were on hand with e-readers, showing off the latest trends as well as their books. Renee is pubbed with Ellora's Cave, Lilly with Red Sage and Carina Press, and Kelly is our newest sale member with a Carina Press release coming up in April.

Yesterday was too nice to be stuck inside all day to do housework, so I spent the best part of the morning outside with the rake, getting the crushed rock off the lawn that was blown there by the snowblower over the winter. The youngest came out with clippers and snipped off all the dead stuff from the perennials so the gardens are all ready to grow and be green again. It's good to have that job done. And in the afternoon I put clothes away, cleared out the closet, ironed, and tried on a few things. Good news - while the scale is only moving at a creep, I have had to put some clothes in the good will bag. The dress I wore to the HQ party in Washington in 09 is falling off; my fave denim capris from the last 2 years are too big as well and slide off without undoing the button. After seeing the pics of me from Saturday I was aware of how far I have to go, but discovering some clothes are too big also shows me how far I've come. :-)

And finally - reviews for Honeymoon with the Rancher are starting to come in. Marilyn's Romance Reviews called it "an amazing and beautifully crafted love story", and Romantic Times gave it 4 stars and said
"This is a fast-paced, heartwarming story about the healing powers of true love." There have been a few reader reviews too: This one at Mills and Boon, and this one at Eharlequin.
Now I'm off to make word count and the pool people are coming today to do their assessment. Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Good morning, Donna. Great photos, looks like the book signing was a success.
    We had snow this weekend, so no garden prep. The landscape was beautiful on my way into work this morning. All the tree branches were outlined with little ridges of snow.
    I participated in the Authors for Japan this weekend. Looks like almost £11,000 was raised!
    Christy (a.k.a. chrissiesue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you win the bid? I thought it was you! E-mail me to set up deets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:27 PM

    I believe I did win the bid! Thank you so much for donating your time to the cause.
    I'll email you after the day job. (I'm in PDT)
    I think the organizers will email us also, but they have so many to send out it could be awhile.
    Chrisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Oh, I forgot to mention... I'm STOKED!

    "stoked" - adjective - to be "stoked" is to be completely and intensely enthusiastic, exhilarated, or excited about something. when one is stoked, there is no limit to what one can do.
    urbandictionary.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete