Monday, February 07, 2011

Progress

Last week was not a good week for the Power90 plan we've been doing. We managed one night, Tuesday I did treadmill instead, and Wednesday and Thursday were major snow removal days - and our workout hour was supplanted by 3 hours of digging out. The dh isn't feeling well, so other than shoveling (lots) he's been laying low, and now his back is bugging him.

So to make up for it, I did some treadmill days and finished off with the ab workout at the end of the cardio segment - it's easy to remember so no need for the dvd. For the first time in months I was able to RUN. I made sure I walked the dog (except for in the pouring rain yesterday). I shoveled some and cleaned house. In other words, just because we weren't working "the plan" last week, I made sure I got up off my butt.

And other than some microwave popcorn on Friday night, I didn't really take a "free" day either.

The result? Another pound and a half gone this morning.That makes ten and a half since Dec 1, and bearing in mind the 3+ I put on over Christmas and had to lose again. I'm very pleased. It also means that in the last year I've lost nearly 20 lbs. I'm not setting any records, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.

Now I'm off to enjoy some breakfast, do a few "admin" jobs (I'm waiting for revisions to strike!) and run a few small errands. It is good to be checking things off my list!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your readers to see your interview tomorrow Feb 8th 8:00 AM PST at Romance Author Buzz plus your giveaway.

    http://romance-author-buzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Donna! It's great that all your hard work is paying off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Donna! I'm trying to be energetic and healthy too and it's HARD! Am feeling all encouraged and inspired by you now..
    x Abby

    ReplyDelete