Friday, February 25, 2011

#Fridayreads - Keeping up with the transformation....

Oddly enough Friday is weigh in day and I was up today, which is frustrating as I've been very good this week. I had one treat and I haven't missed a day working out - and we've upped our workouts to the next level. So I stepped on the scale and said Dammit.

How does that fit into #Fridayreads? Because I've started reading YOUR BEST BODY NOW by Tosca Reno.

I'm coming off of RITA reading and so I'm very much in the #amreading phase of this book. I've flipped through - I like what's coming, I think - concrete health info. But so far I'm in the Story of Tosca bit. Not sure I like the way she uses the term "housewife" to be honest. Actually - I had a whole long post written and spent a long time on it and still wasn't happy with it. Let's just leave it at...a lot of parts of the personal story turned me off for various reasons.

Ok so there's the stuff that annoyed me out of the way, and it's highly possible I've been fairly harsh in my assessment (I have an issue with a ME ME ME outlook). The good news is the bulk of the book is full of info on diet, exercise, and anti-aging tips. I will say this - I think she's right on with her diet assessment and it's VERY similar to Body for Life in theory - a mix of protein and complex carbs, smaller meals more often, lots of water.  It's the type of eating program that works well for me. As well, I like the section on all the vitamins. And I absolutely agree with the assessment of strength training vs. cardio. Cardio will drop the weight. Strength training reshapes.

So...have any of you read it? What did you think? Do you relate to Tosca's story better than I did?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read that particular book, but I read "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna and found it a tremendous help.

    ReplyDelete