Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Catching up

I had a whole #WW post written for today in case something happened I didn't make it back from Toronto last night - and boy am I glad I did because school is cancelled today. Yesterday was a wonderful, wonderful day, and I'm going to make you wait to hear about it as the deets are going to be up next week at the Harlequin Blog.

But I came back to lots and lots of stuff and so I need to hook you up with some things going on:

At the end of the month, I'm doing a workshop with the Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal RWA chapter. The title of that workshop is To Agent or Not To Agent, and yesterday I blogged about what the workshop's about, etc. You can head on over to the Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal Chapter Blog to read it - if you're wondering about getting an agent or going it solo this might be a good workshop for you.

The lovely Marilyn Shoemaker of Romance Author Buzz interviewed me and posted it to help me celebrate the launch of Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle (which was yesterday!). There's an opportunity to win a signed copy if you pop over to the Author Buzz interview.

Also Wendy the Super Librarian reviewed Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle. This review all started when Wendy mentioned babies on covers and we chatted. Well, PRPB has a baby on the cover and a doorstep baby plot but Wendy gave it a go - and a fab review. Yay!  You can read the review over on her blog. My fave part? I've always felt that traditional romance needs to have a place at the table when we're discussing the genre as a whole, and this latest for Alward is a fine example of a traditional story that didn't feel hopelessly "old-fashioned" or "outdated."  Yes we have a baby on the doorstep, but dang if the author didn't make me believe ever blessed word of this fictional tale.

Oh - and the part about her wanting to take my hero home to meet Mom. :-)

Also - I blogged at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs yesterday about something quite personal and I will admit the comments thus far have made me tear up. Tomorrow Bell (phone service provider in Canada) is donating 5 cents for every text message or long distance call made to their "Let's Talk" initiative which is in support of mental health. It's something people don't talk about often and since post partum depression played a personal part in why I wrote Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle, I felt compelled to blog about it a bit.

Right. That just about covers it I think...come back next week for a real #WriterWednesday post!

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog about post partum depression. Here you are wanting or thinking that you're going to be so in love with this little bundle that you've carried inside you for all that time and when the time comes you hardly want anything to do with them. I had it with my first child. I didn't seek help, though I should have. I remember not wanting people around me, except my husband. He did everything for my daughter. Thank goodness he was able to be at home with me. He'd hand her to me to feed and that was all I did. I chose to sleep instead of eat and when it got dark at night I needed to every light blazing. I'd never felt panic like that before. It was quite terrifying and lonely.
    I salute you for bringing it out in the open. It's mental illness and one of those things that get slid under the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DOnna,

    This post is real enough for us!

    Ditto, with what Caege here above said.

    "I salute you for bringing it out in the open. It's mental illness and one of those things that get slid under the rug."

    ReplyDelete