Friday, January 21, 2011

And they all lived happily ever after...

I have written The End. And sent the last two chapters to my critique partner. It's a few k short, but on Monday I'll have to look at her comments and I know I'll layer in a few k, and then when I revise from the beginning the total will go up even more. This means...my word count when I hand it in should be right on target.

Most of all it feels really great to have a complete manuscript to work with.

For now I'm off - to tidy up the takeout mess and then hopefully watch a movie with the kids. The weather is nasty and it's the perfect sort of night for snuggling in.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Congrats on finishing your book, are you able to have much of a rest or do you immediately start work on your next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna ~ Have a good weekend ~ I'm sure you deserve one after finishing your book. Hopefully your weather isn't going to be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenity - my to do list is a bit scary. I'll spend next week revising and getting this ready to send to my editor (it's due on the 31st). Then I have revisions on a novella to do, a trip to head office in Toronto, a workshop to finish putting together that I'm giving towards the end of the month, and a promo event on the 10th. Somewhere in there revisions on this book will probably arrive, and my next Romance is due late May and I have to put together a proposal for that book and the one after as they are going to be linked.

    And I have RITA books to read.

    So no grass growing on me, but I'm really glad to have the work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Donna! You to-do list looks crazy, but it always feels good to cross something off - especially a WIP.

    ReplyDelete