Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

Well, that's another year done and dusted. I love Jan 1; a whole year of possibilities lay ahead. I have a lot of things to accomplish this year: the better part of 4 books for Harlequin Romance as well as a few other projects I'd like to see come to fruition.

For the past few years I've held a Perfect Pitch Contest, and each year it has been more and more popular. Which is great, except - well, it's a lot of work on my part. And the problem with this year is that I also have a deadline of January 31. I confess I simply don't have the time this year to read so many great pitches and first chapters and try to decide on one winner.

So I've come up with something new instead. On twitter, there are hashtags for #WW and #Fridayreads and so each Wednesday and Friday I'll be doing a WriterWednesday post and a Fridayreads post. Rather than mentor one person, Wednesday's the day I'll blog on something writerly and also answer any questions you might have - much the same as I would if I were mentoring. My first post is coming up this Wednesday. On Fridays I'll be posting about what I'm reading. Reading is pretty important to a writer!

Everyone is back to school here on the 4th - that's the magic day that the house and day will be my own and I'm really going to have to dig in and focus. 2011 is, hopefully, going to be full of great things, not just for me but for you as well. I'm looking forward to sharing a lot of it with you!

3 comments:

  1. Donna,
    This is exciting. I can't wait to see the advice you have in store. Hope you have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Donna. I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Donna! I hope you have a great 2011.

    ReplyDelete