Friday, December 10, 2010

On The Twelfth Day of Christmas

It is hard to believe the contest is over for another year and here I am winding things up! Many thanks to all the participating authors who have shared their memories and donated books etc. to the prize. I'm going to be drawing on Monday, the 13th, so stay tuned for the announcement. :-)

I suppose it's only right that I share a favourite Christmas memory too. And this one comes from 1998 - and my first baby's first Christmas.

Christmas changes when you have children - even if the children aren't yet old enough to understand any of what it means. My daughter was nine months old and so the colourful lights on the tree were enchanting to her, and we began traditions that year - like picking out an ornament with her name on it and buying her special pyjamas. We uphold those traditions still as she and her sister get older.

My mom got her a white stuffed kitten that year and she still has it - now it's grey, threadbare, and looking generally abused. But she loved that kitten from the first moment. She sat on the floor in her holly-berry sleepers Christmas morning and squeezed it so tightly she nearly vibrated.

And though it was just the three of us for dinner, we cooked a full turkey dinner and I mashed everything and she gobbled up mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and turkey!

To this day, she never does anything half-way.

Anyway, thanks for joining me for another year - I look forward to this contest in a big way!  I'm adding some fun stuff to the prize - a mousepad, pen, tote bag, and of course, BOOKS! A copy of Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage is going in the box as well as a copy of my first Larch Valley book - The Rancher's Runaway Princess. And don't forget a Christmas ornament!

And now, today's CLUE is JOY - because that's what I wish for you all this holiday season.

Drop me an e-mail with the clue as the subject line - one entry only please. And come back on Monday when I announce the winner.

14 comments:

  1. Just lovely. I have a new baby granddaughter and a two year old grandson. They make Christmas magical all over again.

    Happy Christmas to you and thanks for running this contest. It has been such fun to read each author's story.

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family and thanks for this contest. It had been enjoyable to meet each author every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donna for introducing several new authors! I've enjoyed their Christmas memories and stories.

    Thanks too for the chance to win this fabulous gift package of books and Holiday treats!

    We had 2 inches of snow yesterday. Beautiful! We hope to go Christmas tree cutting this weekend! I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to a white Christmas this year. I've lived in Florida for the past 15 winters.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled at the way your career is bounding forward. Major congrats.

    And Merry Christmas. :)

    Anita Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Following your 12 Days blogging has been enjoyable indeed, Donna. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen2:28 PM

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful wonderful Holiday Season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say thanks for running this contest again this year. I truly enjoyed reading all the Author's posts and every comment by everyone else.

    I want to also thank you for having a book club on the Pink Heart Society site.

    Wishing all of you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really enjoyed your 12 days of Christmas. I love looking back on memories, guess that really shows I am getting up in age:) Thanks for all the fun and chance of winning some great prizes. I hope everyone has a great Holiday and a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year. thanks so much for the contest and the fun
    debby 236 at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the wonderful contest and have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Donna. My first and only child was also born in 1998. She was 9 days old for her first Christmas and we got her a white stuffed bunny, that she still has and she treasures it.

    Thanks for 12 fun days. It is so sweet of you to hold this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet, Donna! Thanks for a wonderful month so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a lovely memory Donna! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found out about this - one chance is better than none!Happy holidays to all.

    catslady5(at)aol.com

    ReplyDelete