Saturday, December 04, 2010

On The Sixth Day of Christmas - Cheryl St. John

One of the things I really love doing is group blogging and Cheryl and I both belong to the Petticoats and Pistols site. She's here today to share a memory and add a little something (actually, a lot!) to the prize box!



We didn’t have much when I was a child. Our trees were small and scrawny, and the ornaments were the same from year to year, but my parents always bought me a few gifts, some of which I remember well. I got a set of bells once, with a music book, and oh how I enjoyed playing those bells. I got a little record player with red and yellow vinyl records, and I still remember the songs I played over and over. In subsequent years I sang them to all my babies and my grandbabies.



A couple of those Christmas gifts were what started me on a lifelong love of dolls. I had a crawling Bonnie Braids, a Raggedy Ann, a Ginny and a Miss Revlon. I still have my Betsy McCalls, my Patti Playpal and my Toodles. None of my kids or grandkids are interested—yet. I look at similar dolls on ebay and think I could make a handsome sale, but nostalgia takes over. So I wash their clothes and freshen them up and keep on loving them.




Christmas in Red Willow is my novella in Western Winter Wedding Bells anthology. I’ve included a copy for the prize drawings, as well as autographed copies of Child of Her Heart and The Magnificent Seven.

Visit my website: http://www.cherylstjohn.net/

And check out The Annual Great Christmas Tree Tour on my blog:


Today's clue is CHRISTMAS TREE. Send me an e-mail with the clue as the subject line to be entered in the draw! One entry per day please!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, thanks for sharing your memories and adding to the box!
    Autographed copies, wow!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got my Cheryl fix for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note - please use the e-mail link provided in the blog. Entries sent to the wrong e-mail account won't be counted for the draw. :-)

    Thanks all!

    And thanks Cheryl for being here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Kaelee said

    I just visited and bookmarked your Christmas Tree tour. I really enjoy seeing all the trees.Thanks you for doing this every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!! My daddy bought me a doll every year, until my mother told him I was getting pretty old for dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy Cheryl's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl, I used to have a Raggedy Ann and Andy. I loved them so much. debby236 at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're never too old for dolls. I played with Barbies until I was twelve or thirteen. I still have a curio full in my office and a tote stored away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie :)9:37 AM

    My sweet daughter is really getting into dolls now and sometimes I think I'm more excited about all the cute outfits and accessories than she is! :) I loved my dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a couple of ornaments from my mom that bring back lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story! The strength of our childhood memories is amazing.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete