Friday, December 03, 2010

On The Fifth Day of Christmas - Cathryn Fox

Today another RWA chaptermate Cathryn Fox shares a favourite Christmas memory!

My fondest Christmas memory was when I was eight years old. I was a bit of a tom-boy and while my sisters asked for new bikes, I wanted a big-wheel. I wrote Santa numerous letters, sat on his lap at the mall, and shook with excitement on Christmas Eve praying there’d be a cool, yellow and black big wheel under the tree.

I woke up the next morning and found two new bicycles in front of our silver, artificial tree, but behind those banana seats sat the gift I’d been longing for. Unfortunately, it was snowing outside so I wasn’t able to try out my new wheels. But my dad came to the rescue. He cleared a path from the living room, to the kitchen, through the dining room and back to the living room. I spent the entire day wearing the floors down, driving that big-wheel through the house and driving everyone else crazy!

Cathryn writes erotic romance under the name Cathryn Fox http://www.cathrynfox.com/ and co-writes paranormal romance under the name Taylor Keating- http://www.taylorkeating.com/

Cathryn's contribution to the awesome prize is IMPULSIVE - book two in the Eternal Pleasure series.

He is the hunter.


She's fled her alpha wolf—and the entire paranormal community of Serene. Now a free woman—wolf, Sunray returns to Chicago, full of bittersweet memories. The last thing she expects to find there is her reincarnated lover, who died at her feet the night she was changed into a lycan a century ago. Still, Sunray knows they can never revive their intense passion. Because now he's a lycan hunter—and she is his prey...


She is the hunted.


Not for a minute does Kane believe this beautiful lycan's story, that they were once lovers. Still, he recognizes Sunray as the woman who's been seducing him in his dreams. For now, prey and predator have forged an uneasy, temporary truce as they join forces to capture a rogue shifter. But after their work is done, will either of them be able to resist a passion that could be dangerously all-consuming?
 
TO ENTER: Send me an e-mail with today's clue as the subject line. Today's clue is SANTA.
 
One entry per day please!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cathryn, thanks for sharing your memory. I can well imagine you riding your tricycle all over the house and driving everybody crazy!

    And IMPULSIVE a reincarnation story, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those banana seat bikes too! Thanks for the memory.

    Sounds like a great story!

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss that big wheel...sniff...snifff..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't make big wheels like they used to, I bought one for my granddaughter last year and it wasn't anything like the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me remember that I had one of them also. I got to ride mine that same year- I live in the South- not much snow or real cold weather.

    Thanks for the memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen2:38 PM

    Thanks for ahring your Holiday memory! :)

    I love that book cover... oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just picture you, Cathy! Sounds like a very special Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your memories and your book
    debby236 at att dot net

    ReplyDelete