Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teens and Cats

This morning was not a happy bye honey have a nice day morning for the eldest. Since she hasn't returned, I'm assuming she managed to catch the bus, but we didn't get off to a good start. And I hate that, because it sets a negative tone for the rest of the day. I suspect she put off an assignment, and then worked like mad to get it done, but also had a meeting last night. Normally I would have driven her to the bus stop or even to school, but we had snow and freezing rain last night and there is a nice sheen of ice on the road - at least in our subdivision and the truck is also covered in crusty snow.

I shouldn't let stuff like that bother me, and I should probably get used to it considering the upcoming years, but saying goodbye on a sour note is a lot like going to bed angry. I don't like doing it and it makes me unsettled.

Anyway my cat has also been tormenting. He has a revived fascination with pencils and I do not know where he finds them all but he does. And bats them around the floor - which is ceramic tile. I think it's his revenge for me airing his dirty linen in an interview with Meankitty at Writer and Cat. Pop on over and find out exactly what my cat thinks of me.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on my WIP and see if I can get the third chapter tidied slightly and off to my CP before launching in to chapter four.

1 comment:

  1. Two of my teens (18 and 16) aren't speaking to me because I had the audacity to tell them off for being rude! I know what you mean about it setting the tone of the day though, although our row has been brewing for weeks. I'm sure that you and yours will have forgotten all about soon - but sympathies, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete