Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekend

I'm gearing up for the weekend - activities which include massive amounts of cleaning and getting ready for Halloween. This morning I hope to clear up the last of my admin for November - I need to get focused as I now have a LOT of writing to do! So look for a website update and newsletter in the next few days.

This week has been possibly the best week since getting the call and I'm feeling very, very thankful.  We're making a bit of a change family-wise - a good change - but knowing that I have work for the next 15 months takes a lot of the pressure off!  It came at a great time. Talking to my agent and editor etc. and feeling the support I have behind me is wonderful, too. Publishing can be a hard business, but it's weeks like these that make it so worth it and they need to be cherished.

Right now I'm working on an online read for eharlequin that will be up in February to coincide with my US/Canada release of Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle. And after that, I'm really thrilled to share that I'll be writing another book set in Larch Valley - the setting for my Cowboys and Confetti duet that was out this year. I have had a character NAGGING me to write his story for the longest time and now I get to find just the right woman for Clay Gregory. Of course, I have someone in mind and someone who really deserves a happy ending - and a strong, protective rancher to give it to her.

So that's what's on the agenda. And with the new deadlines in place I think it's time to dust off the "chunk" method of writing for better productivity!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    It's going to be a busy but fantastic year for you, Donna! And you're right, so great to feel supported by your agent and editor :) Soraya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, I'm thrilled about your 3-book deal and on-line read. Great news. "ChrissieSue"

    ReplyDelete