Friday, October 22, 2010

Great Way to Start The Day - and sad news

The day started great - a reader review for SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER showed up on eharlequin, giving the book 5 hearts and saying lots of things an author loves to hear. :-) The review began with What do you get when you mix an author who writes highly psychological, well motivated romances with an author who writes really ‘hot’ lovemaking passages that are strikingly fresh and free of clich├ęs? You get Donna Alward in “Sold to the Highest Bidder”. And kept on from there. It really made my morning - which otherwise is going to consist of looking after a bunch of promo I have set up for November as well as doing the banking, never a fun chore watching all the money disappear!

The sad news is that Eva Ibbotson has died. I knew she was in her eighties and I wish we had discovered her books sooner. My youngest, on recommendation by Michelle, read The Star of Kazan and Journey to the River Sea and loved them. I read The Secret Countess recently and fell in love with Ibbotson's writing. So much so that I ordered 2 more books for me and as we speak amazon has shipped The Dragonfly Pool and The Secret of Platform 13 - I ordered them a few months ago for the youngest and they've finally shipped.

Many many condolences to her loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the wonderful review Donna!

    My condolences to Eva's loved ones. She'll live on through her books.

    ReplyDelete