Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fifteen

Yesterday was a lovely day for me. First of all, my post celebrating being the Mills and Boon Book of the Month is up at the Mills and Boon community. It was a very personal post to write but timely, I think, as my tenth book for Harlequin Mills and Boon also deals with the reason why I began writing in the first place. And it took ten manuscripts for me to get published.

Then I found out that in addition to being out in the UK this month, Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle is also out in India.

AND

I will have my first ever German release later this month!  This TOTALLY made my day. Hired: The Italian's Bride is coming out as Picknick Mit Einem Playboy.


It was the sort of day that really helps when you feel you're possibly writing into the void. And I solved the problem with my novella too - it was really dragging and going so slowly and then voila! I realized what my heroine was really afraid of. I can write the ending now and then go back to the earlier chapters and adjust and foreshadow correctly. :-)

BUT

As lovely as yesterday was, today is nicer. Because fifteen years ago, on a similarly gorgeous autumn day, we said "I DO". When I think of all the changes that have taken place in that time, it is staggering. How young we were. How much was ahead of us! And here we are - not without our scrapes and scars but stronger than ever, I think.

So here's to my real life hero - I'm sure my editors will forgive me if I take the day off to celebrate a wonderful anniversary. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Wow, what a sweet picture. Your hubby has a lot less grey hair there, LOL! It was a beautiful day that day too, I remember.

    Happy Anniversary you two!

    Love,
    Michele P

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE congrats Donna - that's an AWESOME achievement! Enjoy your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww Happy Anniversary and congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary darling - to you and your own private hero. Have a wonderful day and of course you must leave work behind to celebrate.

    love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, honey. Lovely pic! Enjoy your day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture! Congrats Donna! I hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great day, Donna!

    ReplyDelete