Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Groundhog Day

I feel like I've been in an ongoing circle of edits and revisions since mid-August.  First I got revisions on my latest Romance. While I had those on the go, I got first round of edits on Breathe, then second round...I handed those all in and took a few days to work on admin: webpage updates, promotion that's coming up, doing up blogs for the month...I just thought I was going to do some actual writing when final line edits for Breathe came.  And I was just finishing those - on like chapter eleven - and thinking wow I could get back to the WIP when bam! Print Galleys for Sold To The Highest Bidder came - and that's on the agenda for today.

My eyes are going to cross soon.  Edits are hard on the eyes.

Beyond all that, though, I have organized and accomplished a lot in a short amount of time, and yesterday I had an awesome conversation with my agent about where we're at and what we hope to do in the next while.

I know I complain about edits but really how fortunate am I to have them? Quite...having edits and galleys means I have books coming up and that's a very good thing.  It's always nice to have work. :-)

And keeping on with Random Acts of Publicity, I'm going to be posting another review today.

Julie Cohen has an awesome post about secondary characters on her blog, by the way.  Really worth a read.

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) on the edits. Hope you finish soon. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete