Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Year Older

Today I'm another year older but the numbers don't seem to bother me anymore.  Made it through another year healthy and happy, a few ups and downs but hey, that's life. Lots to be thankful for - fab husband, love where we live, food on the table, great kids and furbabies. Doing a job I love (most of the time, lol).  It's all good.

We kind of celebrated last night as our neighbour officially started her holidays so the four of us went to the pub and had dinner and drinks on the patio.  She mentioned my birthday which apparently secures free dessert and Kate Hardy eat your heart out, I had the world's most fabulous Creme Brulee.  The waiter took a group pic and they printed it and put it in a card for me to take home.  It was lovely.  Then we came back to our place and played some cards and hung out.  It was a great early birthday and a nice way to kick off K's holidays.

Today is groceries and laundry etc. but I do believe my dh is making barbequed ribs for dinner - his specialty.  The kids had some prezzies for me this morning that have made the house a little prettier.

My sister also called this morning and they are coming for a visit next weekend so we're looking forward to that - the first time she's going to be here for an extended visit and not just a few hours.  My sister is married to my husband's brother, so it's always good times when we get together. :-)

For now - the sun is shining and the washer has stopped so it's clothes on the line time.  I expect it will be pool o'clock later.....

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Donna I like you am great-full I arrive at my Birthday Healthy & Happy Mine is Next Month.
    December will be 11yr anniversary if being Cancer free .
    I am Glad you had a wonderful celebration with friends & Family.
    Enjoy your Birthday weekend. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Donna!! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday.
    Can you tell me how you do your word counts please?
    Morton x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Donna. Have a great day. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Donna! Mine is Monday, all the best people have their birthdays in August ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bithday Donna! It sounds like you had a fabulous time! I love that the restaurant printed out the photo for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a lovely birthday, Donna. (And we are SO going to eat creme brulee together sometime!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Donna.

    Wishing you a year of health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the nice wishes, everyone! Joanne, happy early birthday! And Kate - indeed. I think the next time we meet, we need to go for dessert.

    Alba - happy early birthday - and even better, the upcoming anniversary. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete