Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Summer of Fun

I hit send.  I finished The Rancher's Ready-Made Family and tweaked the synopsis and off it went. Which means this officially starts the Summer of Fun.

I had fun going through it today, actually.  I'd dropped a thread that needed tying up in the last chapter, and then missed an opportunity so found a way to capitalize on that.  My CP also had a brill suggestion for the last chapter and it meant I had to layer in the foreshadowing in earlier chapters, but it was exactly what was needed.

I also went back to my theme song, which is rather old-fashioned but suits the book to a "t" - I Love You Because by Jim Reeves (my mom would be shocked but proud, I expect).  When you get to the end and know Luke and Emily so well, the lyrics just fit:

I love you because you understand dear
Every single thing I try to do
You’re always there to lend a helping hand dear
I love you most of all because you’re you


No matter what the world may say about me
I know your love will always see me through
I love you for the way you never doubt me,
But most of all I love you cause you're you


I love you because my heart is lighter
Every time I’m walking by your side
I love you because the future’s brighter
The door to happiness you opened wide

No matter what the world may say about me
I know your love will always see me through
I love you for a hundred thousand reasons
But most of all I love you ‘cause you’re you.

So...here begins the Summer of Fun!  Who knows what shenanigans I'll get up to!

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!I must admit to being a total country fan, but especially the older stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete