Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ideas

Even though I'm taking time "off", my brain doesn't shut off.  Oh, maybe for a few days perhaps, but not for long. We writers are always open to inspiration, and truth be told if I don't write for too long I get really grumpy and I start having strange dreams.

Exactly a week ago I handed in my latest and now I'm starting to feel the itch again.  The trip to Prescott House last week gave me a lightbulb (along with one of the staff who said something that stuck with me utterly). The humidity and heat mean I've been lying in bed longer at night with ample time to think and plot. Today, I changed the image on my desktop.  A small thing, but I always have a background image that fits the project I'm working on.

I am nearly at the point where I'm going to drag out my notebook, because this story requires more preplanning. I did realize I started it in the wrong spot, and I need to go earlier, believe it or not.  Which is fine. I also came up with a whole new angle which is very exciting.

I probably won't start on the actual writing for a few weeks, but things are gelling in my mind and I'm starting to get that old excitement back. The only thing I'm missing is my hero casting. I thought I had it settled but I was wrong.  It needs a shift.  Hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll have a proposal off to my agent.

In the meantime, you can find me at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Tips pleas eon sticking to one project through to the end. I find a start something and then get ideas for something else, so I start that and so on. Result - loads of ideas but no finished projects.
    Morton

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that if you don't write you have strange dreams. Yay to starting a new story!

    ReplyDelete