Monday, July 12, 2010

Catching up

Today is clean the house day, and it's so muggy right now.  It's been raining for the last 36 hours I guess, and there is not a breath of air.  You would hope that the rain would clear the air, but nope. So I expect to break a sweat cleaning my dirty house.

We were at my inlaws on the weekend.  A work issue meant that our leisurely breakfast/pack/drive of Saturday morning was replaced by throw everything in the trunk of the car/stop for an eat-in-the-car breakfast/drop husband at the airport to fix a plane morning.  Thankfully it did not take him too long, I drove to his parents and waited for him to call and then his mom and I went to pick him up and did some shopping while the girls stayed with his Dad - who took them out for lunch.  :-)  We stayed the night so were up until nearly midnight playing canasta and drove home yesterday afternoon.

I did get my digs in about the quick morning exit not being on the Summer of Fun agenda. ;-) But it was fun just the same.  And today, since it's a rainy day, means that once the house is clean, I can curl up with a book.

I have been "off" for almost a week - and I'm starting to get the itch to work again. Not serious, but I have the next story percolating in my mind and pieces are coming together. It really does pay to take time out to fill the well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another great weekend, Donna!

    ReplyDelete