Monday, June 07, 2010

It's Stupid O'Clock....

and I'm up because my inlaws had to leave at 5 a.m. for the airport.  I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep after they left, so...here I am.  Maybe getting a little work done before my dental appt later this morning.

The weekend was great - Saturday was a day long workshop with my RWA chapter.  Four great workshops and lunch out was a real treat.  The weather has been utter crap - it was raining by the time we'd finished lunch and headed back to the library, and I came home to the dh's supper of homemade spaghetti, french bread and salad.  I watched Valentine's Day on Saturday night and basically just chillaxed.  Yesterday was cleaning and then the inlaws for supper - roast beef, potatoes, red wine gravy, green beans with bacon and peppers and roasted asparagus and strawberry shortcake with the season's first berries was on the menu.

But now the weekend is over and it is back to the grind.  It's full steam ahead on this story!

The big bright spot of my morning was seeing this review for Her Lone Cowboy. Mystic Reviews (Suzie Housley) said that it "is by far the BEST emotional romance I have found in 2010."  What a compliment!  And I was very honoured when I read  "I feel so rewarded for having discovered Donna Alward’s talents; she has earned a lifelong fan." 


You can't ask for a better review than that.

Before I go - I've got my first post as an official "Filly" at Petticoats and Pistols today!  Come on over for a gander and see what got me into a movie theatre (since I usually just wait and watch in the comfort of my living room).

Happy Monday.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Great review Donna. You must be chuffed! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 PM

    I agree with her review! Hands down best romance I've read this year, and probably last year too :) Soraya

    ReplyDelete