Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Conspiring Universes

In a week where I have to be strict in making progress on the book, it feels a bit like the universe is conspiring.

Yesterday the dh was home until noon, and so most of the work that got done was answering e-mail etc.  I did take time to hang out with him since he had to leave yesterday afternoon. Then my eldest came home saying I was supposed to make - and decorate - a cake for today.  O-Kay.  Off to grocery store as I needed extra butter and eggs.  And icing stuff. Make cake.  Decorate cake.  There is a very good reason I am a writer and not a cake decorator.

So last night I finally got to putting words on the page - 1800 of them.  Go me.

This morning I woke up to a sick dog who had messed in her crate - she had the runs yesterday so we laid off her food, but this morning it was yuck! Amazingly she managed to keep her coat clean somehow, so there was no bath required. But, right after cleaning her crate (did I mention YUCK?) she started throwing up.  So it looks like I will be making a trip to the vet today unless she perks up by noon. 

Having a sick doglet is just about as bad as having sick kids.

And I have laundry that has to be done today.

Tomorrow is my own fault.  The dh will be finishing his trip 2 1/2 hours away, but to fly home it means leaving at 7 in the a.m. and not getting in until 6 p.m. because of schedules.  That sounded silly to me.  So I am taking the morning to pick him up in Moncton and we will drive home and be here by 1 o'clock, rather than him flying to Toronto and back to Halifax.  Besides, he's been traveling a lot and I've been really making an effort to grab time with him when I can.  With kids in school, it means 2 1/2 hours just us and maybe even a stop for lunch.

And hopefully not leaving a sick doggie behind.

Anyway, laundry in the washer first, and then my first chunk of 750 words...

2 comments:

  1. Hugs on the sick dog. Hope he gets better soon. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps. Sorry. Hope *she* gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete