Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Our weekend has been interesting...the dh running back and forth to work which doesn't usually happen.  The eldest had a birthday party/sleepover (not much sleeping) and just got home, so this morning was more of a non-event.  But I did the household chores and laundry Friday and Saturday and cleaned up from our dinner and card night with neighbours last night, so my day is pretty lax.  I'm STILL full from dinner last night.  We started with appies - the dh did some chicken wings and we had local cheese and some crackers and I did sausage stuffed mushrooms (which are sooooo delicious).  Dinner was pork loin done on the rotisserie, carrots and turnip with dill, dressed up potatoes and fiddleheads - with fresh Strawberry Rhubarb pie for dessert.  A few drinks and cards afterwards made for a fun evening.

Now that the eldest is home, I got my homemade Mother's Day prezzies.  The girls made a poster with words that describe me, made cards from the pets and then did a booklet about Mom - including letters from them about their fave things like our girlie movie nights, girlie shopping trips, and secret recipes.  Eldest wrote a free-form poem and the youngest did an acrostic poem for MAMA.  They put a lot of work into it so it is LOVELY!  And just the kind of prezzies I like.  I got my e-reader not long ago and so Mother's Day was more low-key.  Plus we planted a flowering crab yesterday and it looks lovely.  The neighbour brought over his tractor to pull out the old stump and the boys planted the tree, replanted my hostas and put my rock circle back around. 

Now I'm off to finish reading a book and it wouldn't surprise me if I snuck a nap this afternoon.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aw aren't your kids great! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete